Chuck & Charlotte is unique combination of French and American artistic skill and vision. With a tendency for the absurd and complete focus on comedy, Chuck and Charlotte use their many skills to bring something fresh, innovative, and hilarious to the world of circus.
Chuck - American, 26, 190cm, 77 kg
Born in Northern California, Jonah Katz is a clown, actor, acrobat, juggler, and tap dancer. He graduated from the Clown Conservatory and the Professional Acrobatic Training Program at the San Francisco Circus Center, and has entertained in theaters, clubs, cinemas, and circus tents throughout the globe. Jonah has taught clowning and tap dancing all three years of the American Comic Training Course in Nanjing, China, and directed the hit shows, Haibao Restaurant, and Dream Canteen.
Find more info at www.jonahkatz.com.
charlotte - French, 25, 160cm, 50kg
With a clown father and an actress Mother, at just six years old Laurie Roger began intensive gymnastics and performing with Les Culbutos as a singer, assistant in prestidigitation, and French cancan dancer. After graduating in 2009 from the National Circus School of Chatellerault, Laurie entered the Professional Acrobatic Training Program at the San Francisco Circus Center in order to train with Master LuYi. Since then she formed her own circus companies and toured the world as an acrobatic clown.
compagnie Cirque en DEroute
• Cirque Starlight 2014
• Rue du Bocage, Herve, Belgium
• Festival Berlin Lacht, Germany
• Juggler fest’, Feldkirch, Austria
• Festival Sortie de Bain, Granville, France
• The White Nights Festval, Arkhangelsk, Russia
• Dance Palace, Point reyes station, USA
• Monts de La Balle, V. en Forez, France
• Cirkul’Art, Bratislava, Slovakia
• Buitenkans Festival, Jury Award and Public Prize, Enschede, Hollande
• Melbourne International Comedy Festival, Australia
• Big Underwear SocialTour, Central America
• Festival Internacional Circlown, Cholula, mexico
• Villa Iluminada, Atlixco, Mexico
• Festival Rodara, Zozocolco, mexico
• Feria Internacional Los Libros, Guadalajara, Mexico
• Art Monk Monastery, Labro, Italy
• Acrobatic & Comedy International Festival of Nanjing, China
• Les Renc’Arts de Pornichet
• Festival d’Aurillac, France
• Open House Circus Center, San Francisco, USa
• • • • • • • • • •
Cirque en Deroute is a French/American acrobatic trio with a number of shows ranging from 3 to 50 minutes suitable for theaters, circus tents, streets and corporate events. To book Cirque en Deroute : www.companycirqueenderoute.com